Friday, August 22, 2008

Im Here!

So Ive arrived in Panama and am doing really well. The food and variety thereof is a bit different but Im handling it really well. During these first 10 weeks of training they have us pretty busy and I don´t have all the time in the world to access the internet so I promise to right more soon! My spanish is really improving and its fun to learn all the idioms of Panama. I miss everyone SO much and am constantly on an emotional roller coaster but am overall really excited to be here. This is going to be an experience of a lifetime.

4 comments:

The Ojedas in Austin said...

Proud of what you are doing. Love Rosie

Unknown said...

Hey Dor glad you're settled in. What is the food like? Keep us updated!

Dorine said...

The food has been the biggest adjustment. There isn´t the best access to fruits and veggies and I get rice with every meal except breakfast. Fried bread is a treat here called hojalda (I'm sure I mispelled it). I try to stay away from it. My favorite fruit is called a mamochino. Its red and you break it in half and eat the middle which is a sweet jelly/hard texture and then spit out the seed. Love it!

pearlkarenserrano said...

Hi dorine your pics are beautiful and so are you. Hang in there this is a life experience that i would of loved to do, We are so proud of you!!Grandpa n grandma enjoyed your pics too, and we all wanted to let you know how much we love you and you are in our prayers every night. Those rain clouds look awesome!!!How bout winters? Is it gonna get cool?Doesn't seem like it, anyway stay safe and don't let the chickens stare u down!!!hahaha!!!! Love you,Tia pearl,adam,and kyra♥grandpa&grandma serrano