Friday, November 21, 2008

Zzzz... Earthquake!!!!

On November 19th a little after 1am I felt my first earthquake of my life. Pretty cool that my first earthquake ever was in Panama. So this is why I can never live in California (sorry Liz, I can never be your roomy if you make it out there).

So for those of you who know me well, you know that I can basically fall asleep anywhere and at that, fall into a pretty deep sleep. I won´t advertise the different places that I have managed to fall asleep but believe it or not, fans, it wasn´t the earthquake that woke me up. What woke me up was my host brother running into the room screaming to get up. I think he had been yelling at least a couple times before I sat up in bed still thinking I was in a dream where there was a train or a plane (couldn´t decide which) on top of the house making a deafening noise and making everything shake all over the place.

When I realized what was actually going on, it stopped and then I laid back down and fell soundly asleep. No big deal... I thought. Apparently the epicenter was really close to my town with a magnitude of 6.2. Pretty big deal to sleep through, huh? Thanks for waking me up Dennis! Thanks to him I can´t officially add earthquakes to my list of circumstances I can sleep through, good thing :) because having an earthquake on that list WOULD be a reason for embarassment unlike the rest of them. For more info on my Panamanian earthquake...

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/11/19/panama.quake/index.html

Thats all the updates for now my friends. Until next time, I promise I´ll make the next one a good one. Stay tuned...

Much love from Panama.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

are the animals okay?

cesci

Unknown said...

did any buildings fall down?

Unknown said...

I miss you so much.
Goose

Dorine said...

Yes all the animals are ok Ces, no buildings fell down Mina and I miss you too Goose. Love you girls. (These are my little cousins back home for all who were wondering) Muah!